On August 18, 1995, The Wall Street Journal ran an article about Warren Buffett. The article listed the following eight individuals under "A Pantheon of Great Investors" (with their estimated long-term returns).
|John Maynard Keynes||N/A|
Laureates in Economic Sciences from the Nobel Foundation. There are interviews with Sharpe and Miller in Peter J. Tanous' Investment Gurus.
and author of Enough, The Little Book of Common Sense Investing, Common Sense on Mutual Funds and Bogle on Mutual Funds. See The Bogle Financial Markets Research Center.
- Eugene Fama - An interview with Fama is also included in Peter J. Tanous' Investment Gurus. See also Capital Ideas.
- William N. Goetzmann
- Campbell Harvey maintains a web site that includes a great deal of information and is well worth exploring. (See his Performance Evaluation page for example.)
- Robert Haugen - author of The New Finance.
- Roger G. Ibbotson - See also Professionals and Historical Data. Co-author of Global Investing.
- Michael Jensen - Harvard Professor and founder of the Journal of Financial Economics. See also Social Science Research Network.
- Josef Lakonishok - See Anomalies.
- Robert C. Merton - also in Nobel Laureates. See also Capital Ideas.
- Michael E. Porter - Harvard Professor and author. See books by Porter.
- Richard Roll
- Stephen A. Ross
- Myron S. Scholes - See also Capital Ideas.
- William F. Sharpe - also in Nobel Laureates.
- Jeremy J. Siegel, author of Stocks for the Long Run.
- Hal R. Varian author of Information Rules
Robert D. Arnott|
Peter L. Bernstein
John C. Bogle
Gary P. Brinson
Abby Joseph Cohen
David & Tom Gardner
Roger G. Ibbotson
Henry R. Kravis
Harry M. Markowitz
Robert C. Merton
Merton H. Miller
Michael E. Porter
Stephen A. Ross
George F. Russell, Jr.
Myron S. Scholes
Charles R. Schwab
Jeremy J. Siegel
David E. Shaw
William F. Sharpe
Hal R. Varian
Last update 5/11/2010. Copyright © 2010 Investor Home. All rights reserved. Disclaimer